[THE 411 FOR DESIGNERS]
Austin Fashion Week is a showcase of Austin’s fashion forward elite. Local fashion and home decor boutiques and salons will play host to a week-long féte of in-store events and spotlight local fashion designers. Photographers, models, hair stylists and makeup artists will also compete in online competitions. The “best ofs” in each group will be awarded at the Austin Fashion Awards, a night of fashion, music and the best of the best.
Dates: Dates for Austin Fashion Week are set for July 13-19, 2009.
Designers are able to participate in Austin Fashion Week by agreeing to the following:
* Design an 8-foot x 8-foot space showing off your work inside a participating retail or salon location during Austin Fashion Week. Your host boutique/salon will provide this space for you based on the event planner's discretion.
* You host at least one mini-event (we can help you somewhat with this) during the week at your host boutique/salon location, but we hope you'll do more than one.
* Offer a 10% discount to any consumers holding the "Passport to Fashion." The "Passport to Fashion" is a card purchased through FashionWeekAustin.com allowing those consumers a small discount along with other perks. Consumers DO NOT have to purchase the card to participate in Austin Fashion Week.
* Pay an application fee of $35. If you are a designer operating under multiple business names, you must complete a separate application for each business you want considered. Please note: This is a juried competition. Simply completing an application does not guarantee participation.
Assuming you are chosen to participate, you will receive the following:
* Massive amounts of promotion through the Austin Fashion Week and Austin Fashion Awards media partners. Current partners include Mix 94.7, Time Warner Cable, Rare Magazine, News 8 Austin, the Austin Convention & Visitors' Bureau, Yelp, Yellow Cab and more.
* A profile of you and your business on FashionWeekAustin.com with a host of information about you and the mini-event(s) you're throwing. Expected traffic is approximately 250,000 hits from 30,000 unique users (source is Austin Restaurant Week, a similar concept with those proven statistics).
* Nomination in at least one Austin Fashion Awards category (to be determined by the Austin Fashion Week jury).
* 1 Ticket to the Austin Fashion Awards and the ability to buy unlimited tickets at a discount.
JUST ANNOUNCED: We have also implemented a Designer Incubator Program. It's our goal to raise the bar of fashion in Austin and put it on a world-stage with an Austin twist. The "Rising Star" of the Austin design world will receive a huge in-kind package that will help them jump-start their career. Who knows? Maybe you're that designer! Regardless, we hope you choose to participate to help bring a stronger focus to the fashion and design community here in Austin!